What is the easiest foil to ride?

Forums Beginner What is the easiest foil to ride?

Participant

So a lot of talk has been about performance traits of new foils, speed, pump-ability, etc. Has there been anything that has come out that you think has been or would be easier to learn on? Of the foils you have ridden, how would you rank them on ease of use? I know a lot of guys cut their teeth on first gen Gofoils and Naishs and the like, and they tend to find their way into beginner’s hands on the secondary market, so it seems like a common learning path. Is there a better way to go?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Replies
    FLFOILER
    Participant

Any of the older big foils will work but, I really like the Axis 1020 with long fuselage and 500 rear for beginners. I’ve been on naish, Neil Pryde, blue planet, cloud 9, and slingshot. The Axis has rounded tips which is also a plus. A bunch of up grades and options and you’ll always be able to use the 1020 for learning to wing and down wind. I really liked the Neil Pryde but couldn’t get an XL wing. The slingshot can take a beating but are heavy. After trying a bunch of foils, I really progressed once I got on the Axis and my friends that start on the 1020 are usually up grading their parts quickly after a month of riding. I think it’s part due to that it’ll catch the smallest of bumps so you get tons of foil time.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.