Wetsuit shoulder pad

Forums Gear Reviews and Advice Wetsuit shoulder pad

Participant

Good day, I think I was injuring my shoulder by carrying the mast edge consistently on the same shoulder. I slid a piece of rubber over my shoulder and under my wetsuit for support. I think this has fixed my issue. It could be cool if a wetsuit company could incorporate something like this while maintaining flexibility.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Replies
    surfcowboy
    Participant

Man, I thought the same thing. I think a little 5mm neoprene or thin EVA and some aquaseal would get you fixed up. But be careful if you have a chest zip as it could make it less flexible. Maybe a narrow piece with a groove that would just Velcro on?

chrys
    Participant

or a grooved foot strap you can take off & throw over your shoulder before you start to walk…. the Naish wing surfer bag has something similar to this…

Kiwidan
    Participant

It’s something I’ve considered a few times… In the mean time I just take my leash strap… Which has some padding in it, and wrap it around the mast… Or even just grab it and put it between my shoulder and the mast… Riding a 6’0 sup so have ore weight than the prone guys too… Seems to work. If you ride without a leash….. You shouldn’t.

surfcowboy
    Participant

Kiwi, that’s actually genius. Thx man. Only a foiler knows the feeling lol.

jondrums
    Participant

the leash idea is perfect – it goes into the category of “why didn’t I think of that!?!”

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.