tail wing position

Forums Beginner tail wing position

Participant

Good day all, I’m a new kid on the block still trying to fly. Riding a small SUP & the NP large with large and small tail wing options, trying to dial it in. I’m 135 lbs or 60 kilos in light winds (mostly). I am still messing around with the large tail wing, should I be using the small? should I shim it? which way? There is so much info, its hard to figure it all out. Any help is appreciated. thanks.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Replies
    ericfoil

Chrys,
    I’m not really familiar with the NP setup. If the foil manufacturer recommends using shims, then yes-shim. If not, then don’t. I believe the large is a pretty big wing for 135 pounds, so if shimming is done–I wouldn’t recommend shimming for more lift.

Be cautious. Be persistent. You’ll get it if you put in the time. #loyal
    Eric

FLFOILER
    Participant

Go with the large, no shims till you’re comfortable dropping in and catching waves. Then throw the small tail on with no shimming it. That’ll speed it up a little and make it turn better. If you’re not getting the lift you need then move foil forward a little in tracks, too much lift and can’t push the nose down, move the foil back a little.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.