neil pryde med slim in US?

Forums Gear Reviews and Advice neil pryde med slim in US?

Participant

Anyone know where you can get a neil pryde med slim in the US? I don’t get any answer from them on their webpage. I know Oz got a shipment that sold out fast, but I haven’t seen them for sale to the general public here.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Replies
    FLFOILER
    Participant

Maybe March. No one has them in the US. Distributor hasn’t imported them yet. I’m waiting on a bunch of the XL and a few slims for clients.

exiled
    Participant

Man, what is taking so long?

Dougy
    Participant

I know here in Australia, the retailers haven’t been able to get Neil Pryde for ages and are starting to stop stocking them.

exiled
    Participant

Are they still developing new wings or are they getting out of the foil game?

FLFOILER
    Participant

It’s very up in the air. They say one thing and then do something else. Cabrinha and US distribution has been sold and now not part of Neil Pryde. They still distribute Neil Pryde tho. Neil Pryde is sponsoring the up coming contest in Cocoa Beach next month so I’m sure they’ll want the XL wing for the event. After that, it’s anyone’s guess. I’ve heard NP has several wings in the works but, until I have product in my hands it’s all just talk and promises. You would think with all the foils they’ve sold, at a $600 price tag for a wing, this would of been priority since most customers would of bought one. I was a big supporter of their foil but I’m not going to let a company hold me back so I went to Axis and I’m sure a lot of customers switched companies also. This XL wing is going to have to be amazing to get customers back.

Kane DW

I also have no idea when they’re coming. Everything is done on my side, slim wing designs are complete and it’s up to np to start production and distribute. Can’t wait to see more people riding it, feedback has only been good so far!

The xl is a great sup wing and definitely lives up to the xl name, it’s huge. Tons of glide and would be a perfect downwind learner foil. Not my design. Works best with the small tailwing.

exiled
    Participant

So I did finally get a response from Neil Pryde:

“Unfortunately, the factory is closed due to the Corona virus, and they were about 3 week from being able to ship them prior to the closure. Sorry for the inconvenience we are hopping they will be up and running soon, and everyone is safe and healthy.”

Not sure that clears anything up, but it sounds like April would be the absolute soonest.

IcebergMansion
    Participant

Rumor has it limited sets coming to US in the next week, I’ll let you know when I actually get my wing I preordered in early December…

scottro123
    Participant

Looks like the slim is in stock online now. FedEx dropped mine off today, stoked to try it out.

FLFOILER
    Participant

Maybe we’ll actually get these

scottro123
    Participant

Ha, I’ve been frothing for months to get my hands on the med slim. Now that I’ve had it for all of 3 days there’s another set of wings to get all excited about and have to wait for.

Had a couple of really fun sessions on the slim this weekend, much faster than the regular med. It’ll be interesting to see if or when the KD ones come to market.

Kane DW

Won’t be seeing much of these for a while. They should be shipping September

exiled
    Participant

If they keep the price point I’d be hyped.

In the meantime I worked out a killer deal on a Takuma LOL and my corona foiling budget is blown. I dunno how many other sales they lost in the delay, but making it to market is half the game these days.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.