Lift HA review

Forums Gear Reviews and Advice Lift HA review

Participant

Can anyone give a review of the new Lift HA wings? Or any other thoughts? Thanks

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Replies
    ntfoil
    Participant

I have ridden the 250 HA with the 50 tail behind a boat a few times (no waves) and absolutely love it. This is my first time riding a high aspect wing and I’d say my experience has been similar to what others say about HA wings….pumps incredibly well, is fast with great glide, but turning is different and takes a little while to figure out. It feels stiff laterally compared to a more traditional surf wing, but you can still crank turns, you just initiate them differently it seems. My pump game has never been better (didn’t have any before) and I’m thinking the 200 HA will be super fun in the surf. (I’m 6’1″ 190lbs)

novo-caine
    Participant

Awesome thanks ntfoil very helpful I appreciate it and thanks for including your height and weight. I just picked up the 170 HA and should’ve tried it in the surf today since we had some micro waves today in FL but instead stuck with my old faithful of the 200 surf. I’m really hoping that the HA helps me improve my also not-so-great pump game. I’m 5’6 145lbs. I’ll try to give a review as soon as I get a few sessions on it.

ntfoil
    Participant

SUP surfed the 200 HA with the 40 tail yesterday in mushy waist/chest wind waves. Absolutely loved it. Fast, smooth, cranked turns and had plenty of juice for the flat sections. Best feeling foiling turns for me yet. I was worried it was going to feel stiff in the surf but that wasn’t the case at all. I’m going to experiment with the smaller tails for more speed on bigger days, but I don’t see myself going back to a low aspect wing any time soon. The 170 HA must be insane!

novo-caine
    Participant

Just rode the 170 HA this time with the new 25 tail wing in 1-2 ft Florida surf and it went awesome! I had tried it last week but with the 50 tail and towing in to very small surf and it was fun but not like today. The 25 really loosened it up and since I’ve never ridden another HA I don’t have anything to compare, but today was the first time that I was able to pump back out and double dip often, I even got a few triples which I had never done before. It does take a little more speed to lift but not much however it held speed much better than my surf wings which would tend to breach the faster I went. It turned almost as well as my surf wings, and I say almost because I didn’t try really leaning into some and grabbing the rail mainly bc I was focusing on my exit to pump out and link waves. I’ll have to try and see if I can breach the wing tips and still hold a turn. Overall I highly recommend this setup and see myself spending a lot of time on it.

aggiefoil
    Participant

I bought the Lift HA 250 and 200; 40 and 25 tails. I was surprised in how much faster (“glidier”) the 200 is than the 250. And the 200 still has nice low end lift. 250 has more low end for sure but if I don’t need it I go on the 200 and 40. Both are awesome for prone and Winging. Incredible pump ability! And when winging just find a bump and de-power. I am still working in the 25 tail. First impressions are that it is much looser, less stable (pitch, roll, and yaw) and doesn’t have the same drive when pumping. However, I am sure that’s a skill level thing.

I also own Armstrong- 1850 and 1550. Love these wings too but very different in feel than the Lift HA.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.