Kane tail with GL 140

Forums Gear Reviews and Advice Kane tail with GL 140

Participant

Anyone been riding the GL 140 with one of Kane’s custom tails? I currently ride mine with the 18w chopped to just under 15 but am thinking about the 13.5 Kane tail. If anyone has experience with that combo would love to hear your thoughts/comparison.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Replies
    jondrums
    Participant

how are people getting these tails? can they be bought online, or is it just through instagram

jpr1624
    Participant

Not sure. I’ve just seen them through Instagram. Super cute interested in one.

jpr1624
    Participant

Stupid auto spell….:)
    Super interested in one.

Kane DW

Hi KD here!

Tails work sick with the gl140, but all gofoils like a 1-1.5mm shim in the back to work perfect.

To order just shoot me a DM on insta or email me with the button on my profile!

jpr1624
    Participant

In case anyone is looking at this option, I bought the 13.5 and agree with the hype, works awesome. Love it with the GL 140. Haven’t been on the 180 yet with it but I’m sure I will love it with that too.

jondrums
    Participant

The 15″ works super with the NL220. I’m sure it would be great with the GL and the 190 as well, but I haven’t run them yet. A big upgrade from the 14.5″ flip-tip GoFoil tail. I’m running it at the same angle.

jpr1624
    Participant

I recently got the NL 160 and have a few sessions now with the 13.5 kane tail and the NL160. Goes sick with that setup as well.

safetypete
    Participant

Hey @kane
    Thanks heaps for your tails (14.5), really love it, has totally brought new life to my front foils (GL210 & GL180).

With the shim, when you say “all gofoils like a 1-1.5mm shim in the back to work perfect” is that with the standard pedestal where the tail sits on top of the pedestal.

So for the short 6″5 pedestal, where the tail attaches below the pedestal, the shim should then be on the front of the tail?
    In order to provide more front foil lift?

Many thanks, and really looking forward to what else you might bring out šŸ™‚

Cheers

Kane DW

Hey! So far based on rider feedback a shim with the thickest part in the back works best in both the top and bottom mount pedestal. Not a whole lot of feedback on the top mount but bottom mount most guys like a +1-+1.5 degree shim (less lift) it really comes down to your preference, experience, type of riding, and the rest of your setup. Iā€™d recommend experimenting and finding what works best for you!

Always working on new projects šŸ˜‰

johnnyfive
    Participant

I recently got a 15″ KDmaui stab. Run a gofoil set, and mounted the stab directly to fuselage. Had to drill one hole and tap with 6mm heli coil.(not a big deal at all)
    The board I have is a 6’0″ Admunson nubby sup. My go to front wing is the GL180. The stab is set at 2.8deg positive to the front wing, with out any shim.And it is bottom mounted.
    I can’t express how much better this tail wing is compared to the gofoil set, (pedestal/chopped 15″flat stab)
    It is a new world. Totally different board in a positive manner!!
    I have not tried with GL140 yet. But today it was waist high, at my beach break sand bar, and tried set up with the P180 and had a blast . It makes this super spany High aspect wing turn and still pump to the horizon.
    Hope this helps. And thank you again Kane for the awesome upgrade!!
    John Stevens

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.