Go Foil NL help

Forums General Chat Go Foil NL help

Participant

Hi all,

Hoping to get some help regarding the Nl160.

When it goes, it goes good but more often than not it kills me. Pitchy beyond belief. Alternates between unable to turn it, feels like it tram lines, can’t keep it in the water – both nose down and nose up pitchy that is unrecoverable. As a result my foiling has gone backwards.

I’m running it with various tails, home made, 14.5 GF flip tip and front quad fins. I have tapped the fuse and the longest I can go is about 4.5 inch if comparing to a GF.

Any pointers?

Rich

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Replies
    TooMuchEpoxy
    Participant

Did you go straight from the low aspect or did you ride the GL for a bit? Going from low aspect to GL is a bit of a learning curve, going straight from low aspect to NL seems like it would be very difficult

TooMuchEpoxy
    Participant

Did you go straight from the low aspect or did you ride the GL for a bit? Going from low aspect to GL is a bit of a learning curve, going straight from low aspect to NL seems like it would be very difficult

ericfoil

Good point TooMuchEpoxy…

More information needed:

How much do you weigh? Height?

What were you riding before?
    At what level?

What conditions have you ridden the NL in?

jondrums
    Participant

The NL wings are very sensitive to tail pitch. Try various shims. I found 2deg up on the tail versus the pitch of the front wing to be perfect for me. 1.5deg was noticeably different, but impossible to see the difference visually. You need to use a digital level. The NL works fine with the GoFoil flip tip tail

richie-rich
    Participant

Apologies for the lack of info!

Foiling for over a year. GL140/180 before the NL. Reason for the change is I wing a lot and surf a lot in decent waves. The winging always seemed to need a foil between the 180/140 I was also looking for something more manoeuvrable.

Enter the 160. It’s my only foil.

I weigh 80kg 189cm and ride a XPS 4’9 and wing on a 75l 5’2. I would say I’m competent but an inconsistent Foiler. I can do airs winging and link multiple waves as well as rip some tidy turns when it all works.

Lately I feel as though I’m on a bucking bull so I’m happy to get to my feet and go straight.

Tail is mounted to the bottom of the fuse

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.