Choice between 2 packages: Naish vs NeilPryde

Forums Beginner Choice between 2 packages: Naish vs NeilPryde

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Replies
    FLFOILER
    Participant

I would go Neil Pryde, the board is built with the track further towards the tail which lets you ride the foil faster. This let’s you get more leverage in front of the foil.

FoilFrother
    Participant

My mates NP stuff feels way more robust than my Naish. I recon it’s heavier, but feels rock solid / strong.

The thing I like about my Naish is the huge range of wings available for your quiver to expand after learning the basics.

You may want to check the sizes, because I think the NP medium is closer to the Naish large in surface area.

You’ll be stoked either way, they’re both good set ups to learn on. Get amongst it.

Foil Feed
    Keymaster

Moonwalker, you may want to consider the size of the wing your getting. The Naish medium is actually pretty small, you may want a large if your are only going to have one wing.

Moonwalker
    Participant

Hey Brink, thanks for that. Yeah I’m not too worried about the NP foil being a bit heavier, I’m not planning on doing any Kai Lenny like aerials just yet, I like my ankles in one piece.
    And yes, I’ll definitely be getting other wings as I progress. A big variety of foilable (is that even a word now?) waves here, so I’ll need different set ups for sure. Thanks for your advice and happy foiling!

Moonwalker
    Participant

Thanks Foil Feed, I’ll start with the one wing and expand from there. The NP wing looks like a better all-rounder, and good call on the M vs L wing – especially for the early stage I’m at.

topmick
    Participant

Just from my own experience (72kg beguinner foiler), if you go with the NP wings get the Medium. I started with the Large & found it had too much lift so got the Medium & progressed much quicker.

Moonwalker
    Participant

Thanks Topmick, great advice. What gear are you riding now?

topmick
    Participant

Moved onto the Axis 900 & now looking at getting an Army 1550 or Takuma Lol

Moonwalker
    Participant

So many choices! A great thing, once you know what you want! Cheers and thanks, Neil ‘Moonwalker’ Armstrong : )

nikik
    Participant

Hey Moonwalker, ive been on the NP for a year. Kiting a small wing, and proning a large. Im 90+kg. They have been awesome to learn on
    I have however, just shifted to the Naish for the reasons stated above, that being Naish’s greater versatility of wings. I have gone for a Jet 1050 front wing to replace my small, and Jet 1800 high aspect to replace the large. Im hoping the new high aspect 1800 will give me a touch more lift and better pumping than my old NP large.
    Im sure whichever you decide, you’ll be stoked

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.