Beginner pump skills

Forums Beginner Beginner pump skills

Participant

What is the best way to learn how to pump the foil and practice pumping the foil for skills and fitness?

Viewing 3 replies - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Replies
    ScotY
    Participant

Thanks, Skyrama…will keep trying. I think my mast is in a good spot, at least from a standing on the board and paddling for a wave perspective. I’m on a standup, not prone. I saw a video somewhere about setting the proper CG by hanging the foil/board upside down. Never tried doing that and I wonder if you can even balance a sup like that?

sky.rama
    Participant

Yes it can be done. I think both super short and longer boards harder to balance to the T, nothing better then continue micro adjustments till you find the magic spot. Pumping on a sup only a few i know can really connect multiple waves. If your sup is short you be able to pump it easier of course. Try to get away with as little length and liters as possible if pumping is your game, till then keep on it and practice. Send a pic of your set up. 🤙🏼

Foil Feed
    Keymaster

Hi ScotY,

If you are after more info about how to set up your gear, Kane Was the guys who came up with the idea you’re talking about regarding balancing the foil.

You can read all about it and ask Kane any detailed questions at the link below.

Viewing 3 replies - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.